Information & Safety
We use a natural soy wax, which is specifically developed for use in making wax melts. We heat the wax to the appropriate temperature to ensure it doesn't burn and you get the best scent throw when you use our products. We ensure all dyes and fragrance oils are thoroughly combines with the melted wax. We try our best to produce frost-free wax melts, but unfortunately a small minority will get frosting, this is just down to natural variation in the wax or technique and does not affect the performance.
Reasons to buy soy wax melts:
1) Longer Burn Time - Soy wax has a lower melting point which means it burns up to 50% longer than paraffin wax melts.
2) Non-Toxic - Soy wax is made from vegetable oil, it is clean burning and releases no known carcinogens when it is burnt.
3) Better Fragrance - Due to the lower melting temperature of the wax, a healthier 'wax pool' is created. This 'wax pool' allows the fragrance oils to more easily vaporise, which will then release more fragrance into the home.
4) Renewable Resource - Soybeans are an environmentally friendly, sustainable and renewable resource.
5) Easier to Clean - Spills of soy wax is much easier to get out of fabrics or table cloths as it is biodegradable, with a simple wip and its gone. Soy wax can also be used on the skin (but always do a patch test before hand) - this leaves your skin feeling rejuvinated and smelling amazing.
6) Clean Burning - Soy wax burns clean which means minimal soot is released.
We strive to be as eco-friendly as possible. So we try to use the most sustainable resources we can.
Our clamshells are made from PET Plastic. PET, which stands for polyethylene terephthalate, is a form of polyester. It is extruded or molded into plastic bottles and containers for packaging foods and beverages, personal care bottles and many other consumer products.
PET is a highly valued packaging material because it is strong yet lightweight, non-reactive, economical and shatterproof. It is recyclable so the plastic can be used over and over again.
Wax Melt Safety
We all love candles, wax melts and anything that smells nice, but we need to ensure you are melting safely.
There are a couple of ways you can burn a wax melt. Tealight burners and Electric warmers. When you are using a tealight burner, please ensure that you are using standard 2-4 hour tealights. 8 hour tealights may seem convenient because you dont have to change the tealight as often, but they tend to burn too hot, which will result in the wax becoming too hot and burning, or the burner could break, causing accidents in your home.
Wax Melt Safety Guide
- Place your burner out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not ingest - if this does happen, seek emergency medical attention immediately.
- Ensure your burner is not place near droughts, but in a well ventilated area.
- Do not leave your burner unattended when lit.
- Make sure you extinguish the flame before leaving the room, or house.
- Ensure you remove any plastic packaging from the wax melts before use.
- Hot wax can cause serious injury.
- Do not transport a wax melt burner whilst the flame is lit as wax can spill and cause burns.
- Do not pour melted wax down the drain.
- Remove the wax, once the scent has disappeared and dispose of it in the bin.
How to change a wax melt
- Light a tealight and wait 30-60 seconds for the wax to melt very slightly so you can pop the old wax out of the burner.
- Extinguish the flame so you can clean the burner.
- Clean the burner thoroughly, ensuring no left over wax is left.
- Choose your next wax melt and pop it onto the burner.
- Carefully relight the tealight and wait for the scent to fill your home.
CLP (Classification, Labelling & Regulation)
CLP is a legal requirement. In order to sell candles, wax melts, reed diffusers or carpet freshener etc, Businesses MUST be CLP compliant. CLP labels should be firmly affixed to one or more surfaces of the product's packaging that immediately contains the product. CLP labels should include the product identifier, allergen information, signal word, hazard and precautionary statements, hazard pictograms, supplier address and phone number.
Please please please do not order from businesses that are not CLP compliant. Any business should be happy to provide proof of CLP.
All of our products are correctly labelled with the CLP information and a wax melt safety sticker.
DISCLAIMER: Due to our products being handmade, designs and colours may differ.